Happy Holidays! I probably should have made this post earlier this month so that the shopping window wasn’t so tight, but most places are pretty quick about shipping these days so it shouldn’t be a problem. As I would recommend any of the fragrances that are listed as 5 Bones on this site, I’m going to mix it up a bit with some fragrant and not so fragrant offerings.
1. Penhaligon’s Mini Coffret Set. Penhaligon’s offers two sets, one for him and one for her. The packaging is exquisite and with five bottles in each box, this gift allows you to test out their wonderful collection of fragrances. Each set has 5 5ml bottles:
For her: Artemisia, Gardenia, Malabah, Lily of the Valley and Ellenisia
For him: Quercus, Blenheim Bouquet, Endymion, Sartorial and Opus 1870
2. George Sand Perfume by Nicolas de Barry. Earlier this year, I ranted and raved about not being able to find what I have to say is my favorite fragrance find this year, George Sand. But great news, It is now once again available, exclusively from Nicolas de Barry as part of his new atelier line along with his other historical perfumes. If you want an exclusive one of a kind perfume, you can’t do any better than this. I’m so glad this fragrance is back! Check out his new website where you can order online for 129 Euros.
3. Lafco Soaps. Lafco has the most wonderful collection of beautiful soaps in such fragrant offerings like, Lime Basil, Grapefruit Fig, and Tobacco Blossom. And each is wrapped in the most vibrantly colored classic packaging. You can buy the soap as single bars or in multiple gift sets. These soaps last a long time and smell like heaven. Check them out at the Lafco website. Prices vary per soap.
4. Shiseido Men Total Revitalizer. For the man in your life, this cream is a lifesaver. Just a few dabs in the morning and evening help to keep your skin moisturized and wrinkle free. The great thing about this cream is that it’s not greasy and you can see the benefits immediately as your skin looks instantly refreshed. I never go a day without using this no matter the time of year! You can find this online or at your favorite department store for around $50 to $60.
5. Guerlain Terracotta Men’s Bronzing Powder. I admit it. In the winter I get extremely pale and need a little color on my skin. Guerlain’s men’s bronzing powder is the perfect solution to just give a dash of color to that winter pallor. Getting your man to try this might be difficult, but once they do, they’ll never turn back. You can find this online for around $50.
6. Jonathan Adler. Probably the most prolific designer of everything of housewares, furniture and decorative items, you can’t go wrong with any of his whimsical designs. My favorite is his “Dolls” container. He has made Neely O’Hara proud. Check out all of his offerings on his website.
7. Archie McPhee. The perfect place to get cheap, unusual and fun stocking stuffers is Archie McPhee. For under $10 you can buy some crazy items. My favorite item this year is the tin of Abraham Lincoln band aids. Check out all of the silliness on their website.
These are just a few gift ideas for the Holidays. I hope that Santa is good to each and every one of you this year!