Positive energy and attitude can’t be fabricated. And passion about one’s job is hard to feign…you either have it or you don’t. The people at Puredistance, the luxury perfume brand based out of the Netherlands are passionate about what they do and it shows. And leading the way for Puredistance’s communication and direct sales is the energetic Mary Gooding. But passion about perfume wasn’t always Mary’s path in vocation. As it turns out, it was love that brought her to Puredistance.
Originally from Rochester, NY, Mary’s background was in teaching math and science to high school students. But her boyfriend’s studies took them overseas to the Netherlands and it’s there that she serendipitously happened upon Puredistance. After meeting Puredistance founder, Jan Ewoud as well as the small Puredistance family, the connection with Jan and the team “just clicked.” Before she knew it in the fall of 2014 Mary found herself at Pitti Fragranze representing the Puredistance line.
Within the role of direct sales, Mary’s position has a focus on the U.S. market as well as for providing personal service to customers of the web store. She applies what she calls Puredistance’s DNA for maintaining honest and good old fashion customer service to her work…something that falls in line closely with her own personal values.
They say that everything happens for a reason and Mary’s relocation to the Netherlands no doubt was meant to be, as becoming a member of the Puredistance family is the perfect fit. And besides, since moving overseas her boyfriend is now her partner in life. In fact, they just spent their first anniversary celebrating on the Greek Isles.
If you’re familiar with the Puredistance line of perfumes, you know that their approach is to develop and create perfumes that are synonymous with elegance and refinement using only the upmost in quality ingredients. Mary’s approach to providing such incredible service is continued testament to the brand’s commitment to providing only the best.
Let’s see what Mary’s Random 10 has to reveal about this customer service and sales professional extraordinaire!
- My signature scent is… Puredistance Antonia, a highly original green floral created for us by Annie Buzantian in New York.
- I would like to be remembered as … genuine, caring and fun-loving.
- I typically wear one/many fragrances throughout the day… only one, usually my signature scent. I like to stay true to one perfume to enjoy the full experience of development throughout the entire day.
- If I could pass one piece of wisdom to the younger generation it would be… from Confucius, to “choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” I can say from experience it’s true!
- A guilty pleasure of mine is … Belgian Chocolates, I love Guylian Sea Shells Perles d’Océan.
- One fragrance that I thought I wouldn’t like, but turned out that I love is… Puredistance M. I thought M would be too spicy for me, but when I tried it I was blown away by the sophistication, now I love it.
- My favorite movie of all time is… the Notebook, yes I’m a romantic…
- The way I prefer to apply my fragrance is to… the pulse points: the wrists and neck. Also since I have long hair, I apply my perfume to the back of my neck.
- My parents always taught me to… be safe and have fun in everything I do!
- The one thing that I could never live without would be… my husband and partner in life Manolis, my parents Karen and Steve, sister Rose, and all my family and friends all over the world.
Thanks to Mary for participating in The Scented Hound’s Random 10. Later this year, look for the newest perfume in the Puredistance line, Sheiduna, created by perfumer Cecile Zarokian. I had a chance to get a sneak peak a few months back and it’s a stunner!
Oh…one last thing I forgot to mention, Mary is also a competitive ballroom dancer! Dancing and perfume sounds like a wonderful combination doesn’t it?!
For more information on all the incredible Puredistance Perfumes, check out their website at www.puredistance.com!