When you say the words “fragrance” or “perfume,” most people conjure in their minds high fashion and brand names like Chanel and Dior. Typically, one doesn’t associate rock n’ roll with perfume, unless the perfume smells like stale beer and worn leather. Michael Partouche, founder of Room 1015 tears down the walls of the norm with a brash attitude and a rock and roll sensibility.
Dr. Mike as he is better known, is a pharmacist by trade, but he found the routine and discipline of the pharmaceutical life a hard fit. So he retreated to the world of psychedelic rock n roll, the place where he felt free to express himself, by becoming one with his guitar. Eventually, Dr. Mike found his way into combining the world of lotions and potions with the glam life of rock n roll in the realm of fragrance through his brand Room 1015.
With Room 1015, Dr. Mike, along with perfumers Amélie Bourgeois and Anne-Sophie Behaghel have created perfumes that are meant for the stage, the bright lights and the electric energy brought on by the full on sounds rifting from the spellbinding and hypnotic acoustics.
So why the name Room 1015? According to legend, Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards threw a TV through the bedroom window of the West Hollywood Hyatt in 1972…Room 1015. I guess you can’t get any more rock n’ roll than that!
Given Dr. Mike’s hardcore sensibilities, let’s see how he answers his Random 10:
- My favorite holiday is… summer…forever…wherever.
- My favorite gift received was… a guitar Gibson Les Paul Standard (when I was 11) and my dog!
- Those closest to me call me… Micky or Mickey.
- If I won the lottery, I would… go to space and probably stay there.
- The one thing that most people don’t know about me is… a secret.
- The biggest surprise in my life has been… my 2 kids.
- I always have to remind myself to… enjoy the present.
- My proudest accomplishment was… my kids (again), my degree as a Doctor of Pharmacy, and of course, Room 1015.
- If I ever created a fragrance just for me, it would include the following notes… Geranium, Vetiver and Citrus.
- My one recommendation for the fragrance industry is… sniff it, don’t drink it…
Room 1015 has a vibrancy and esthetic that I find exciting and that kick is evident when I reviewed Blomma Cult which I found to be like a swinging red velvet blazer and was named as one of my favorite new releases for 2015. So which Room 1015 perfume is for you? Dr. Mike has employed a ChatBot to help you in your search. He can be found on Facebook at Room 1015 Chatbot.
Thanks to Dr. Mike for participating in The Scented Hound’s Random 10. Check out the full line of Room 1015 perfumes at their full-on sensorial website: Room 1015. The Room 1015 line is also available in the US at Twisted Lily.
August 22, 2016 at 7:26 am
Great post today. Mickey is an interesting fellow!
August 22, 2016 at 6:17 pm
Thanks Ricky…I love his attitude and honest approach. Very cool.
August 22, 2016 at 4:04 pm
Eek! Good grief, your Blomma Cult review was written over a year ago! I have yet to explore the line! Shuffling along yet ever further and further behind …
August 22, 2016 at 6:18 pm
My dear…we can’t always keep up with the latest and the newest. I gave up on that a long, long time ago!! Trying to keep up can make you crazy!