The Scented Hound is launching a new feature, “The Scented Hound’s Random 10.” The Random 10 is a list of ten fill in the blank statements designed to get better acquainted with a perfumed personality. The Random 10 is derived from a list of 99 potential statements that are picked by random by Random.org for each interview. Many of these statements are focused around fragrance, but many are general in nature. Each will hopefully add some unknown fun facts and personal insights of those in and around the industry. You can check out the full list of the 99 fill in the blank statements here.
So how better to kick off this new feature by not only highlighting one person, but two, with the co-founders of Twisted Lily Fragrance Boutique and Apothecary, Eric Weiser and Stamatis Birsimijoglou!
Who says you need to shop in Manhattan to get your hands on the best in niche perfume. Just across the East River in the Boerum Hill section of Brooklyn is Eric and Stamatis’ ode to niche heaven, Twisted Lily located on Atlantic Avenue. Since opening the store in 2013, these two have one of the most extensive selections of little known niche perfumes on the East Coast. And it seems that every month, they add an ever-increasing mix of up and coming brands. Selling perfumes is one thing, but Eric and Stamatis, as well as their staff, make your shopping experience an enlightening event with knowledgeable and friendly customer service. So let’s see what they reveal in their Random 10!
- I can get frazzled when…My to-do list spills onto a 4th page.
- If I had the chance to do something over again, I would…have been a dancer because I’ve got some crazy moves.
- My parents always taught me to…love unconditionally, the importance of family, and the importance of being a good listener!
- A guilty pleasure of mine is…LOL, sorry it’s personal!
- My favorite food is…Seafood, Avocados and Chocolate (not together though)
- My idea of pure bliss is…Being on a secluded beach, the open sea only steps away, mountains in the distance, sipping some good wine, a plate of fresh fruit and sharing it all with my partner, Eric… I can see it now!
- I’m a hoarder when it comes to owning multiple bottles of…Apoteker Tepe’s After The Flood. There’s something very comforting about it so I need to have it everywhere.
- My perfume tastes vary with…My mood and the weather.
- One fragrance that I thought I wouldn’t like, but turned out that I love is…Rania J’s Lavande 44. I don’t know why I thought I wouldn’t like it but I wear this one all the time now. It’s one of my favorites, a classic.
- You can never own enough…Boots and music.
- When I’m looking for quiet time, I…Meditate – anything that helps me shut off my mind for 15 minutes, also getting a therapeutic massage is like heaven on earth!
- My favorite fragrance house / brand is…Changes like the weather. I’ve learned to appreciate most brands.
- The phrase I always overuse is….Don’t bullshit me! (It comes in handy when you run your own business)
- My biggest challenge so far in life has been…Learning to balance my personal life and my career
- The animal that best represents who I am is…An independent, yet cuddly and loyal canine.
- My favorite food is…Anything delectably spiced that makes my taste buds dance!
- My most vivid scent memory is…Walking around the spice bazaar with Stamatis in Istanbul. Cardamom, Coriander, Pepper, Turmeric
- The fragrance I most dislike is…Very heavy Ouds. Of course I appreciate Oud and know when it’s perfect for someone, it just doesn’t work very well with my chemistry. I also find that they’re a heavy commitment.
- Before I go to bed, I always…Have a full-on conversation with my dog. Making up ridiculous stories and rubbing her belly.
- My perfume tastes vary with….Whatever shoes and belt I’m wearing.
Thanks to Eric and Stamatis for breaking the ice with this inaugural post of The Scented Hound’s Random 10. Please check out their website, twistedlily.com or stop by their store to see all the fantastic products they offer. And if you’re in the Brooklyn area THIS weekend definitely pay them a visit to take advantage of special in-store only offerings for the holiday weekend. What a way to kick off the Memorial Day weekend…hot dogs, hamburgers, beer and a new bottle of perfume!